Here at Booked it, we are delighted to announce that we have joined The Association of Indoor Play and The Tenpin Bowling Proprietors Association. We are proud to be taking our next steps as a member of these associations, in what we know will be a long and fruitful relationship.
The Association of Indoor Play
The Association of Indoor Play (AIP) is a non-profit organisation that takes pride in speaking on behalf of those within the indoor play industry. AIP was formed in the September of last year by a group of experienced indoor softplay providers all sharing the same goal – to envisage and implement a targeted vehicle to represent small operators in this specialised sector.
The main aims of the AIP are…
- To attest to the developmental benefits of indoor play venues on behalf of the public,
- To raise the standards of indoor play venues across the sector; and
- To encourage a community where operators can receive support and information.
The Tenpin Bowling Proprietors Association
The Tenpin Bowling Proprietors Association (TBPA) is a trade association that seeks to represent the interests of their members, whilst raising the profile of the sport across the UK. The TBPA was created in 1961 after the sport experienced something of a renaissance in the late 1950s and early 1960s. Since then, the organisation has only grown as the sport has become increasingly popular over the latter half of the twentieth century and into the new millennium.
TBPA has three main functions…
- To work closely with both local and national governmental organisations,
- To create a community in which members can access advice and information regarding laws and regulations surrounding the sport; and
- To maintain their high standards of business practice.
In our new partnership with both organisations, we hope to find new ways in which both industries can thrive.
Words by Rebecca Clayton